Saffron Walden Golf Club charity committee top the �300,000 fundraising mark
SAFFRON Walden Golf Club members and local businesses have really got into the swing of donating money for charity. The Walden Charity Trophy Committee, supported by the golf club, has been raising funds since 1973 and has amassed a total of �303,000 whic
SAFFRON Walden Golf Club members and local businesses have really got into the swing of donating money for charity.
The Walden Charity Trophy Committee, supported by the golf club, has been raising funds since 1973 and has amassed a total of �303,000 which has been distributed to local charities.
This year's recipients are Marie Curie Cancer Care, Saffron Walden Talking Newspapers and Wheel Power, who were each presented with a cheque for �3000.
Marie Curie's Nicky Hastler said the money would go towards funding 150 hours of care for people in the area, while Liz Starling, of Talking Newspapers, said that the cash would be used to fund new digital equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Martin McElhatton for Wheel Power said the money raised had been used to provide a basketball chair for Henry Teal, a 15-year-old from Bishop's Stortford.
Two further donations of �1000 will be made to Thaxted Centre for the Disabled and Saffron Walden Opportunity Playgroup.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout