Saffron Walden Golf Club charity committee top the �300,000 fundraising mark
SAFFRON Walden Golf Club members and local businesses have really got into the swing of donating money for charity. The Walden Charity Trophy Committee, supported by the golf club, has been raising funds since 1973 and has amassed a total of �303,000 whic
SAFFRON Walden Golf Club members and local businesses have really got into the swing of donating money for charity.
The Walden Charity Trophy Committee, supported by the golf club, has been raising funds since 1973 and has amassed a total of �303,000 which has been distributed to local charities.
This year's recipients are Marie Curie Cancer Care, Saffron Walden Talking Newspapers and Wheel Power, who were each presented with a cheque for �3000.
Marie Curie's Nicky Hastler said the money would go towards funding 150 hours of care for people in the area, while Liz Starling, of Talking Newspapers, said that the cash would be used to fund new digital equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Martin McElhatton for Wheel Power said the money raised had been used to provide a basketball chair for Henry Teal, a 15-year-old from Bishop's Stortford.
Two further donations of �1000 will be made to Thaxted Centre for the Disabled and Saffron Walden Opportunity Playgroup.
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall