Saffron Walden: Great Westgarth Run to be held on Sunday (June 8) in memory of popular running teacher
- Credit: Archant
Members of the YacYak Running Club stopped their training in the rain to help Clare Thompson and Stef Godfrey promote the Great Westgarth Run in aid of the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
The event is being held in memory of popular teacher Sue Westgarth, who died in November 2010.
The 5km run is taking place at 10.30am on Sunday (June 8) at Friends’ School. It will be followed by a 1km fun run.
If you’ve been meaning to dust off those running shoes, pop along to the Friends‘ School Sports Hall and register between 9am and 10am for either race.
All ages and abilities are welcome. Refreshments will be available from 9am.
You may also want to watch:
If you are unable to take part but would like to make a donation to support MNDA, visit justgiving.com/greatwestgarthrun2014
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex