Saffron Walden: Great Westgarth Run to be held on Sunday (June 8) in memory of popular running teacher
- Credit: Archant
Members of the YacYak Running Club stopped their training in the rain to help Clare Thompson and Stef Godfrey promote the Great Westgarth Run in aid of the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
The event is being held in memory of popular teacher Sue Westgarth, who died in November 2010.
The 5km run is taking place at 10.30am on Sunday (June 8) at Friends’ School. It will be followed by a 1km fun run.
If you’ve been meaning to dust off those running shoes, pop along to the Friends‘ School Sports Hall and register between 9am and 10am for either race.
All ages and abilities are welcome. Refreshments will be available from 9am.
You may also want to watch:
If you are unable to take part but would like to make a donation to support MNDA, visit justgiving.com/greatwestgarthrun2014
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 4 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows