Saffron Walden: Great Westgarth Run to be held on Sunday (June 8) in memory of popular running teacher
- Credit: Archant
Members of the YacYak Running Club stopped their training in the rain to help Clare Thompson and Stef Godfrey promote the Great Westgarth Run in aid of the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
The event is being held in memory of popular teacher Sue Westgarth, who died in November 2010.
The 5km run is taking place at 10.30am on Sunday (June 8) at Friends’ School. It will be followed by a 1km fun run.
If you’ve been meaning to dust off those running shoes, pop along to the Friends‘ School Sports Hall and register between 9am and 10am for either race.
All ages and abilities are welcome. Refreshments will be available from 9am.
You may also want to watch:
If you are unable to take part but would like to make a donation to support MNDA, visit justgiving.com/greatwestgarthrun2014
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays