Saffron Walden gym staff raised cash for Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Staff of a Saffron Walden gym have rowed and skied their way to raising almost £900 for Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
The team from JustGym, on Shire Hill, spent Saturday outside the town’s Saffron Walden Tesco store on Radwinter Road.
The challenge was to complete 1,000 metres on static rower and SkiErg cardiovascular machines for every year GOSH has been open – equating to 160,000 metres.
It took the JustGym team just under seven hours to complete, and they raised a fantastic £879.30.
Gym co-owner Alex Sullivan said GOSH was a cause he had always liked to support, adding: “We were really pleased to raise that amount of money.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank everyone for their support on Saturday, and to Susie from Tesco for all the help in organising the event.”
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party