Saffron Walden gym staff raised cash for Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Staff of a Saffron Walden gym have rowed and skied their way to raising almost £900 for Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
The team from JustGym, on Shire Hill, spent Saturday outside the town’s Saffron Walden Tesco store on Radwinter Road.
The challenge was to complete 1,000 metres on static rower and SkiErg cardiovascular machines for every year GOSH has been open – equating to 160,000 metres.
It took the JustGym team just under seven hours to complete, and they raised a fantastic £879.30.
Gym co-owner Alex Sullivan said GOSH was a cause he had always liked to support, adding: “We were really pleased to raise that amount of money.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank everyone for their support on Saturday, and to Susie from Tesco for all the help in organising the event.”
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 10 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season