Saffron Walden gym staff raised cash for Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Staff of a Saffron Walden gym have rowed and skied their way to raising almost £900 for Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
The team from JustGym, on Shire Hill, spent Saturday outside the town’s Saffron Walden Tesco store on Radwinter Road.
The challenge was to complete 1,000 metres on static rower and SkiErg cardiovascular machines for every year GOSH has been open – equating to 160,000 metres.
It took the JustGym team just under seven hours to complete, and they raised a fantastic £879.30.
Gym co-owner Alex Sullivan said GOSH was a cause he had always liked to support, adding: “We were really pleased to raise that amount of money.
“We would like to thank everyone for their support on Saturday, and to Susie from Tesco for all the help in organising the event.”
- 1 How Malcolm's work is having an impact in Uttlesford
- 2 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Vandals thought to have targeted around 30 vehicles in 'keying' spree
- 5 Teen arrested after alleged disturbance inside Saffron Walden Costcutter
- 6 School pictures: Maths workshops for parents and a museum visit
- 7 Delighted Walden photography winner unveils her new business
- 8 Cliff Parisi on Call the Midwife's 10th Christmas special
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Uttlesford councillors hope to reduce emissions and fuel poverty with new plan