Saffron Walden hairdresser to work with industry royalty
- Credit: Archant
A Saffron Walden hairstylist, who won silver in a national competition last year to find Britain’s top colourist, has been invited to work alongside a top hairdresser in London.
Georgia Maynard, a stylist at Riccio Hair Design in Saffron Walden, has been selected to work alongside Beverly Cobella, or Beverly C, who has twice won hairdresser of the year and was the first woman to be awarded an MBE for Hairdressing in 2008.
Georgia said: “People ask me what other career path I would have gone down if it wasn’t hairdressing and I honestly don’t know what else I would rather be doing! I absolutely love my job! I have had the most amazing bosses to support me and give me the best opportunities and I cannot thank them enough from the bottom of my heart.”
After her silver success at the Goldwell Color Zoom competition in 2016, Georgia will work alongside Beverly at the London Academy before displaying her work in a professional photo-shoot and going on to enter the competition again this year.
Mike Riccio, Georgia’s boss and owner of M Riccio Hair Design, said: “Georgia is building a fantastic reputation & following due to her hard work & success.
You may also want to watch:
“Watch this space as I know for sure that she will be at the top of our industry in the future if she continues with her passion, hard work & expanding creativity. We are very lucky to have her in the Team as our colour specialist.”
Georgia’s entry photo-shoot will take place on Thursday, March 30 after which she will have to wait until June to find out if she has made it into the top 5 in the UK.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 3 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 7 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 8 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 9 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler