Saffron Walden hairdresser wins silver in national competition
- Credit: Archant
Hairdresser Georgia Maynard has won silver in a national competition to find Britain’s top colourist.
Georgia, 19, a stylist at Riccio Hair Design in Saffron Walden, came second in the Goldwell National Colour Zoom competition held at The Guildhall in London, chosen from 380 finalists.
Georgia said: “I couldn’t believe I had won a place to be mentored by Goldwell’s creative colour director William Wilson and Mark Leeson, who has twice been named British Hairdresser of the Year.”
Georgia spent three days creating her winning look working with her boss Michele Riccio.
Describing what it felt like waiting for her work to be judged she said: “The tension was almost unbearable as we sat in our seat in front of the stage.
“As the hair catwalk show began, I could hardly contain myself. It was a mixture of excitement and nerves I have never felt before.”
Mike Riccio, said: “We are so proud of Georgia.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 3 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 4 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 5 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 6 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 9 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 10 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
“She has a very bright future.”