Saffron Walden hairdresser wins silver in national competition
- Credit: Archant
Hairdresser Georgia Maynard has won silver in a national competition to find Britain’s top colourist.
Georgia, 19, a stylist at Riccio Hair Design in Saffron Walden, came second in the Goldwell National Colour Zoom competition held at The Guildhall in London, chosen from 380 finalists.
Georgia said: “I couldn’t believe I had won a place to be mentored by Goldwell’s creative colour director William Wilson and Mark Leeson, who has twice been named British Hairdresser of the Year.”
Georgia spent three days creating her winning look working with her boss Michele Riccio.
Describing what it felt like waiting for her work to be judged she said: “The tension was almost unbearable as we sat in our seat in front of the stage.
You may also want to watch:
“As the hair catwalk show began, I could hardly contain myself. It was a mixture of excitement and nerves I have never felt before.”
Mike Riccio, said: “We are so proud of Georgia.
- 1 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 2 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 3 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 4 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups
- 5 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 6 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 9 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 10 Autumn budget fails to address key air travel challenges, say industry chiefs
“She has a very bright future.”