Horticultural society is in full bloom for anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The 200th anniversary of Saffron Walden Horticultural Society was celebrated at the Spring Daffodil and Floral Show on Sunday, with a new daffodil called Saffron Celebration.
Richard Marriott swept the board by winning the Adams Harrison Cup, for most points in the show, the Townley Trophy for most points in the daffodil classes and the Barnard Vase for most points in the flower section classes.
Robin Crouchman was runner-up for these awards.
Liz Livermore won the Daffodil Society Medal for her daffodil, Fine Romance. Vera Willson won the Saffron Trophy for most points in the domestic section and Giles Townley was runner-up.
In the junior section, Carys Williams won the Scrivener Cup and the Rickett Shield for her Easter bunny drawing. The Townley Cup was won by Fayth Bowyer. The Ida Hawthorn Trophy was won by Nicci Townley.
You may also want to watch:
The society’s coach outings are open to non-members. See: www.swhortsoc.org.uk.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 7 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month