Saffron Walden hotel and restaurant delay 2021 opening
- Credit: Andra Maciuca
A Saffron Walden hotel and restaurant have announced a further delay in opening this year.
Premier Inn on Thaxted Road was initially due to open by summer 2020, together with a Beefeater restaurant.
Last year, the chain announced it would be opening the site at the beginning of 2021, because of coronavirus delays. It is now scheduled to happen in early summer.
Chris Walton, project and programme manager at Whitbread, who is leading the construction in Saffron Walden said: “We have made good progress constructing our new Saffron Walden Premier Inn and Beefeater restaurant.
“The exterior of the new hotel and restaurant building are now complete and the team are currently fitting out the hotel and Beefeater restaurant interior to our latest specification.
You may also want to watch:
“With the wind in our sails, we’re targeting for the Premier Inn and Beefeater to open in early summer.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming our first guests and diners and becoming part of the local community.”
- 1 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 2 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 5 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 6 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 7 Essex recruiting on-call firefighters
- 8 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 9 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 10 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford