Saffron Walden jeweller raises �1000 for Help for Heroes
A JEWELLER has raised �1000 for Help for Heroes by holding a charity evening at its Saffron Walden shop.
On Friday, Something Elegant gave people a chance to indulge in complimentary food and drink, win over 25 prizes from local businesses in a raffle and do some early Christmas shopping.
Twenty per cent of everything bought and the proceeds of the raffle saw the shop raise a fantastic total.
Assistant manager Rachel Beale organised the event and chose to support Help for Heroes after seeing her brother return safely from a six-month tour in Afghanistan while friends he served with were not so lucky.
Rachel said: “I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved as the evening could not have been the success it was without the incredible generosity of so many people. We hope to be able to do something similar again next for another very worthy cause.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 150 people went through the door in less than three hours.
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 4 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 5 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 6 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 7 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 8 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 9 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 10 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'