Saffron Walden jeweller raises �1000 for Help for Heroes
A JEWELLER has raised �1000 for Help for Heroes by holding a charity evening at its Saffron Walden shop.
On Friday, Something Elegant gave people a chance to indulge in complimentary food and drink, win over 25 prizes from local businesses in a raffle and do some early Christmas shopping.
Twenty per cent of everything bought and the proceeds of the raffle saw the shop raise a fantastic total.
Assistant manager Rachel Beale organised the event and chose to support Help for Heroes after seeing her brother return safely from a six-month tour in Afghanistan while friends he served with were not so lucky.
Rachel said: “I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved as the evening could not have been the success it was without the incredible generosity of so many people. We hope to be able to do something similar again next for another very worthy cause.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 150 people went through the door in less than three hours.
For more information e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 6 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 7 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 8 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 9 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 10 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan