Saffron Walden jeweller raises �1000 for Help for Heroes
A JEWELLER has raised �1000 for Help for Heroes by holding a charity evening at its Saffron Walden shop.
On Friday, Something Elegant gave people a chance to indulge in complimentary food and drink, win over 25 prizes from local businesses in a raffle and do some early Christmas shopping.
Twenty per cent of everything bought and the proceeds of the raffle saw the shop raise a fantastic total.
Assistant manager Rachel Beale organised the event and chose to support Help for Heroes after seeing her brother return safely from a six-month tour in Afghanistan while friends he served with were not so lucky.
Rachel said: “I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved as the evening could not have been the success it was without the incredible generosity of so many people. We hope to be able to do something similar again next for another very worthy cause.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 150 people went through the door in less than three hours.
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision