Saffron Walden joins in Sport Relief 2010
SAFFRON WALDEN and Dunmow will get the chance to participate in Sport Relief 2010: Rise to the Challenge. The Sainsbury s Sport Relief Miles at Lord Butler Leisure Centre and Great Dunmow Leisure Centre is being hosted by Leisure Connection and Uttlesfor
SAFFRON WALDEN and Dunmow will get the chance to participate in Sport Relief 2010: Rise to the Challenge.
The Sainsbury's Sport Relief Miles at Lord Butler Leisure Centre and Great Dunmow Leisure Centre is being hosted by Leisure Connection and Uttlesford District Council on Sunday March 21, and needs local people to show their support by entering.
The Sport Relief Mile sets off at 10am and 10.30am from Lord Butler Fitness and Leisure Centre and 10am from Great Dunmow Leisure Centre.
Comic Relief will spend the money raised through sponsorship helping poor and vulnerable people both here in the UK and across the world's poorest countries.
You may also want to watch:
Leisure Connection's contract manager, Becky Reynolds, said: "From teeny-tots with their mums and dads, to super sprinters up against the clock there's something for everyone on the big day - whether you do one, three or six miles. Best of all, the money you raise by getting sponsored will be used to transform lives forever."
Sainsbury's has supported Comic Relief since 1999 and has raised over �43 million for the charity to date.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden
In 2009, Sainsbury's handed over �11 million on Red Nose Day, the largest cheque ever received in Comic Relief's history.
Since its launch in 2002 over 1.25 million people have taken part in Sport Relief, helping to raise over �75 million.
The Sport Relief Weekend is taking place from Friday 19 to Sunday March 21.
For more information and how to enter visit sportrelief.com