Saffron Walden Library holds party rhymes for National Bookstart Week 2012
SAFFRON Walden Library will be celebrating National Bookstart Week with a special Rhymetime event on Tuesday June 19.
In celebration of 20 years of Bookstart, the theme for this year’s activities is ‘Parties’.
More than 5,000 party-themed events all across the country will see families sharing stories, books and rhymes in libraries, children’s centres, bookshops, and elsewhere.
An exclusive booklet, Busy Bear’s Party, and party rhymesheets are available as free downloads on the Bookstart website, bookstart.org.uk.
This year, in addition to National Bookstart Week events, Booktrust has been asking families and supporters to pledge to share 20 books in 2012, to mark 20 years of Bookstart.
You may also want to watch:
The pledge postcard is available in Essex libraries and you can also pledge online at booktrust.org.uk/bookstart20.
County councillor Jeremy Lucas, cabinet member for Environment and Culture, recognises the importance of enjoying books and songs together.
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
“Bookstart is an inspirational scheme, encouraging a love of books at a very early age,” he said.
“Library rhymetimes are great fun and encourage Mums, Dads and carers to discover that our libraries include the very youngest children in their families.”
Sessions are at 9.30am and 10.30am.
For information contact Ruth Stickley at Saffron Walden Library on 01799 523178.