Saffron Walden library hosts Cards for Good Causes charity shop
SAFFRON Walden Cards for Good Causes multi-charity Christmas card shop will be opening at the Saffron Walden Library tomorrow (November 10).
The shop is open Monday to Saturday 10am to 4pm and will trade until Friday December 17.
In the library more than 30 charities are represented including Addenbrooke’s Kidney Patient’s Association, Essex Blind and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, giving customers a varied choice of designs and the ability to support the charity of their choice.
Saffron Walden charity Christmas card shop is one of a national network of around 350 temporary shops. In the past five years charities have received more than �20 million from Cards for Good Causes for their Christmas card sales. Cards for Good Causes give charities at least 75p in every �1 from their card sales.
Saffron Walden shop organiser Mary Cronin said: “Christmas card sales are an important fundraising source for charities and in buying cards you are making a valuable contribution to their work.
You may also want to watch:
“Cards for Good Causes aim to offer the widest possible choice of cards and to present its charities with as much money as possible each year. Charity cards are a great way to buy once and give twice – once to the person you send the card to and again to your favourite charity.”
For details of shops nationwide and shopping on line visit cardsforcharity.co.uk
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40