Saffron Walden Library volunteers celebrate 20 years of successful service to housebound customers
VOLUNTEERS with the Home Library Service based at Saffron Walden Library are meeting tomorrow (November 18) to celebrate their many years of combined service. The group will also discuss ways of ensuring their housebound customers continue to receive an e
VOLUNTEERS with the Home Library Service based at Saffron Walden Library are meeting tomorrow (November 18) to celebrate their many years of combined service.
The group will also discuss ways of ensuring their housebound customers continue to receive an excellent service.
The Home Library Service started 20 years ago and brings the library out to people in their own homes. It is completely free and is available to anyone who cannot use a library building or mobile library, for whatever reason.
Volunteers call at members' homes at pre-arranged times, and will stop for a chat or to offer recommendations. As well as books, including large print, Home Library customers can borrow audio books, music or DVDs free of charge. They can also use the telephone enquiry service Answers Direct for any information they need.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively if someone has a friend, relative or carer who can collect books on their behalf, they can be issued with a special library ticket which allows them to do that.
To arrange the Home Library Service, or if you would like to become a volunteer to contact Lorna Gough at Saffron Walden Library on 01799 523178, e-mail email@example.com or ring the libraries enquiry line 0845 603 7628.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 7 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital