Saffron Walden Lions show support for the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
SAFFRON Walden Lions Club has presented the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices with a donation of �1,250 following another successful Easter Eggs raffle in pubs throughout the district.
The presentation was made at The Crown in Little Walden to Melissa Collett, who is a fundraiser for EACH in north Essex.
The charity has three hospices across the region including in Milton near Cambridge, and has recently been chosen by the Duchess of Cambridge who has become the Patron.
The vision for EACH is that all families of children and young people with life-threatening illnesses or complex health care needs are able to access appropriate services of high quality.
Ms Collett was delighted to receive the donation, adding: “We welcome this generous donation from the Lions Club and we hope this can continue the successful relationship with the caring people in the Saffron Walden area.”
You may also want to watch:
Lions president Alan Johnson, who made the presentation on behalf of the club, said: “We are aware of the excellent support there has been for this and other children’s charities and we hope that this donation will help towards the new playground project at the Milton hospice.
“To demonstrate our commitment, the Lions Club will also nominate EACH has our chosen charity for the Michaelmas Fayre in September.”
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 5 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 6 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 7 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
The participating pubs in the raffle were The Crown, Little Walden; The Crown, Linton; The Coach and Horses, Newport; The Bluebell, Hempstead; and The Old English Gentleman in Saffron Walden.