Saffron Walden Lions show support for the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
SAFFRON Walden Lions Club has presented the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices with a donation of �1,250 following another successful Easter Eggs raffle in pubs throughout the district.
The presentation was made at The Crown in Little Walden to Melissa Collett, who is a fundraiser for EACH in north Essex.
The charity has three hospices across the region including in Milton near Cambridge, and has recently been chosen by the Duchess of Cambridge who has become the Patron.
The vision for EACH is that all families of children and young people with life-threatening illnesses or complex health care needs are able to access appropriate services of high quality.
Ms Collett was delighted to receive the donation, adding: “We welcome this generous donation from the Lions Club and we hope this can continue the successful relationship with the caring people in the Saffron Walden area.”
You may also want to watch:
Lions president Alan Johnson, who made the presentation on behalf of the club, said: “We are aware of the excellent support there has been for this and other children’s charities and we hope that this donation will help towards the new playground project at the Milton hospice.
“To demonstrate our commitment, the Lions Club will also nominate EACH has our chosen charity for the Michaelmas Fayre in September.”
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
The participating pubs in the raffle were The Crown, Little Walden; The Crown, Linton; The Coach and Horses, Newport; The Bluebell, Hempstead; and The Old English Gentleman in Saffron Walden.