Saffron Walden Loyalty Card joins forces with Charlie's Guide
SAFFRON Walden Loyalty Card has joined forces with a map maker to maximise the benefits of the initiative. Charlie s Guide is a town map designed to help shoppers seek out the hidden treasures that still exist in the towns of the UK – the independent shop
SAFFRON Walden Loyalty Card has joined forces with a map maker to maximise the benefits of the initiative.
Charlie's Guide is a town map designed to help shoppers seek out the hidden treasures that still exist in the towns of the UK - the independent shops and businesses that make each town so special. And they are about to launch a Saffron Walden version of their unique town maps.
Any business appearing in Charlie's Guide who is also in the loyalty card scheme will be clearly marked up as a member.
So far support for the scheme is flourishing with yet more businesses confirming that will join - and it is not just shops.
You may also want to watch:
Solicitors, independent cinema Saffron Screen and the Tourist Information Centre, restaurants and hair and beauty salons are on board, while a number of shops in the town selling home and gifts, clothing, footwear and accessories have signed up. Even a couple of online businesses based in Shire Hill are involved.
The business run by the Loyalty card team will be joining in - The Eight Bells, Jacks, Life of Riley, Modish and Petrus - along with many others who have expressed an interest but are yet to confirm or are waiting for more information.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
The loyalty card team hits the road over the next few days to talk to as many local businesses as they can about the scheme, so the numbers are set to rise even further before the launch on April 3.
If you are interested in finding out more contact Sarah Decent at Modish on 01799 528 852 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org