Saffron Walden man given community order for harrassing woman
- Credit: Archant
A Saffron Walden man has been given a community order after he admitted harrassing a woman by making 50 phone calls and sending around 200 text messages.
Dean Batchelor, 41, of Wards Croft, was arrested and and charged with harrassment on February 12 and released on bail.
He failed to answer bail but was arrested again and charged with harrassment and breach of bail on February 27.
It followed reports he had made nearly 50 harrassing phonecalls and sending around 200 text messages to a woman over a 12-day period in February.
At Colchester Magistrates’ Court today (March 16), Batchelor admitted the charges and given a community order and a restraining order.
You may also want to watch:
He was also ordered to pay an £85 victim surcharge and £85 costs.
- 1 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 10 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip