Saffron Walden mayor opens Montessori summer school
A CLAVERING nursery has opened its first ever summer school. Mrs Lawrence s Montessori Nursery, which has an outstanding grade from Ofsted, is keen to offer Montessori education to all children during August. Saffron Walden mayor, Cllr Doug Perry, was o
A CLAVERING nursery has opened its first ever summer school.
Mrs Lawrence's Montessori Nursery, which has an 'outstanding' grade from Ofsted, is keen to offer Montessori education to all children during August.
Saffron Walden mayor, Cllr Doug Perry, was on hand to open the summer school last week. He listened to children's singing and accepted a card made by the children to thank him for attending.
The day was finished off with a picnic lunch on the village green.
Nursery manager Clare Lawrence said: "There are huge opportunities for learning during the summer and the school has flexible booking systems to make it easier for parents."
The summer school is open to children aged two-and-a-half to five, and delivers a school curriculum that enables children to 'catch up', make friends and most importantly have fun whilst they learn.
- 1 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 7 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 8 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
There will be a range of activities on offer such as nature walks and games.
The summer school is open from 9am to 3.30pm, although opening times are flexible. The price is �25 for a day, �15 half day with a 10 per cent sibling discount on offer.
Mrs Lawrence's Montessori Nursery is based at Hill Green. For more information call the nursery on 01799 550663, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.auntyclares.com