Saffron Walden mayor opens Montessori summer school
A CLAVERING nursery has opened its first ever summer school. Mrs Lawrence s Montessori Nursery, which has an outstanding grade from Ofsted, is keen to offer Montessori education to all children during August. Saffron Walden mayor, Cllr Doug Perry, was o
A CLAVERING nursery has opened its first ever summer school.
Mrs Lawrence's Montessori Nursery, which has an 'outstanding' grade from Ofsted, is keen to offer Montessori education to all children during August.
Saffron Walden mayor, Cllr Doug Perry, was on hand to open the summer school last week. He listened to children's singing and accepted a card made by the children to thank him for attending.
The day was finished off with a picnic lunch on the village green.
You may also want to watch:
Nursery manager Clare Lawrence said: "There are huge opportunities for learning during the summer and the school has flexible booking systems to make it easier for parents."
The summer school is open to children aged two-and-a-half to five, and delivers a school curriculum that enables children to 'catch up', make friends and most importantly have fun whilst they learn.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
There will be a range of activities on offer such as nature walks and games.
The summer school is open from 9am to 3.30pm, although opening times are flexible. The price is �25 for a day, �15 half day with a 10 per cent sibling discount on offer.
Mrs Lawrence's Montessori Nursery is based at Hill Green. For more information call the nursery on 01799 550663, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.auntyclares.com