Saffron Walden mayor opens Montessori summer school
A CLAVERING nursery has opened its first ever summer school. Mrs Lawrence s Montessori Nursery, which has an outstanding grade from Ofsted, is keen to offer Montessori education to all children during August. Saffron Walden mayor, Cllr Doug Perry, was o
A CLAVERING nursery has opened its first ever summer school.
Mrs Lawrence's Montessori Nursery, which has an 'outstanding' grade from Ofsted, is keen to offer Montessori education to all children during August.
Saffron Walden mayor, Cllr Doug Perry, was on hand to open the summer school last week. He listened to children's singing and accepted a card made by the children to thank him for attending.
The day was finished off with a picnic lunch on the village green.
You may also want to watch:
Nursery manager Clare Lawrence said: "There are huge opportunities for learning during the summer and the school has flexible booking systems to make it easier for parents."
The summer school is open to children aged two-and-a-half to five, and delivers a school curriculum that enables children to 'catch up', make friends and most importantly have fun whilst they learn.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 6 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
There will be a range of activities on offer such as nature walks and games.
The summer school is open from 9am to 3.30pm, although opening times are flexible. The price is �25 for a day, �15 half day with a 10 per cent sibling discount on offer.
Mrs Lawrence's Montessori Nursery is based at Hill Green. For more information call the nursery on 01799 550663, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.auntyclares.com