Saffron Walden Model Railway Club exhibition is a big success
OVER 700 visitors visited the model railway exhibition in Saffron Walden on Saturday.
Exhibitors from railway clubs including Chelmsford, Ipswich and Cambridge turned out for the Saffron Walden Model Railway Club event held at the United Reformed Church hall in Abbey Lane.
The layouts ran “perfectly” and visitors enjoyed the variety on display, from the smallest N-gauge layouts right up to the largest O-gauge models.
Exhibition manager Julian Nettle hailed the show as a great success.
He said: “We are grateful for the support of everyone who came along on Saturday. We got well over 700 visitors through the door - which given the wet weather was a good result!
You may also want to watch:
“Exhibitors from the other railway clubs all commented on the friendly nature of the exhibition and how enquiring the visitors were - especially the children.
“We are already well advanced with plans for the 2012 show, which will be held next February.”
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
Meanwhile, Saffron Walden Model Railway Club is looking for a new home. As the Reporter revealed last week, the club is having to end its 43-year association with Audley End Miniature railway and move its old railway carriage off the site within three months.
Anyone who can help find the club a new home can contact Julian Nettle on 01799 521029 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org