Saffron Walden MP ‘works’ at visitor centre to mark English Tourism Week
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre took part in Visit England’s ‘English Tourism Week’ last Friday by inviting MP Sir Alan Haselhurst to spend an hour working at the TIC.
Sir Alan spent the hour on the TIC ‘front line’ serving customers with a variety of enquiries from photocopying documents to La Boheme tickets at Saffron Screen.
MPs across the country supported English Tourism week, with 15 of the 18 Essex MPs helping to launch Visit Essex’s ‘Live Local, Love Local’ campaign by holding up a letter, spelling the name of the campaign, at an important tourist attraction.
Mark Starte, duty manager at Saffron Walden TIC said: “We were delighted to welcome Sir Alan to the TIC during this important week for English tourism.
“English Tourism Week is all about raising the profile of our fantastic tourism offer, both nationally and locally, and I think we played our part well in Saffron Walden.”
You may also want to watch:
Sir Alan said: “I was very pleased to give some modest support to the staff at the TIC during English Tourism Week.
“It proved to be an interesting insight into the nature and volume of work undertaken by the TIC. We know that Saffron Walden and area has much to commend to visitors and locals alike.”
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays