Saffron Walden: Multi-million pound performance auditorium is named
A NEW multi-million pound, state-of-the-art performance space currently under construction on the Saffron Walden County High School site has been named.
The facility with world class acoustics will be known as Saffron Hall, the school and Yellow Car Charitable Trust has announced today.
The name has been decided upon following a very extensive long- and short-listing process and research undertaken by an independent organisation working with a panel of potential audience members.
A spokesman said: “The challenge has been to find a name that will stand the test of time, withstand changing fashions and resonate locally whilst also appealing to audiences across England who will come to recognise Saffron Hall as an outstanding venue for the arts.
“The name needs to reflect our ambition to create an inspirational space for music and theatre performances by and for students of the County High and for people of all ages drawn to the Hall from the town and further afield.
You may also want to watch:
“Yellow Car and the County High are delighted to unveil Saffron Hall as the name.”
Plans are being developed for the formal opening of the building itself at a long weekend of events from November 28 to December 1, 2013.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime