Saffron Walden: Multi-million pound performance auditorium is named
A NEW multi-million pound, state-of-the-art performance space currently under construction on the Saffron Walden County High School site has been named.
The facility with world class acoustics will be known as Saffron Hall, the school and Yellow Car Charitable Trust has announced today.
The name has been decided upon following a very extensive long- and short-listing process and research undertaken by an independent organisation working with a panel of potential audience members.
A spokesman said: “The challenge has been to find a name that will stand the test of time, withstand changing fashions and resonate locally whilst also appealing to audiences across England who will come to recognise Saffron Hall as an outstanding venue for the arts.
“The name needs to reflect our ambition to create an inspirational space for music and theatre performances by and for students of the County High and for people of all ages drawn to the Hall from the town and further afield.
You may also want to watch:
“Yellow Car and the County High are delighted to unveil Saffron Hall as the name.”
Plans are being developed for the formal opening of the building itself at a long weekend of events from November 28 to December 1, 2013.
- 1 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 2 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 3 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 4 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 5 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 6 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results