Saffron Walden Museum Society back Sainsbury's plans for new store
A PLAN to move the site of Saffron Walden Museum s new resource centre is being backed by members of the Museum Society. The decision to support a land swap between the Heritage Quest Centre and a proposed Sainsbury s was made at a meeting on Friday. The
A PLAN to move the site of Saffron Walden Museum's new resource centre is being backed by members of the Museum Society.
The decision to support a land swap between the Heritage Quest Centre and a proposed Sainsbury's was made at a meeting on Friday.
The current site, owned by Uttlesford District Council (UDC), would be transferred to Sainsbury's if they get planning permission.
In return Sainsbury's would provide the new site, and will make a contribution to the extra costs involved in drawing up new plans. UDC has agreed to ring fence the proceeds that they would receive from the land swap and put them towards the building of the centre.
You may also want to watch:
UDC and the Museum Society would remain in charge of the project and planning permission for the centre on the new site is likely to be submitted before Christmas.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 8 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 9 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir