Saffron Walden Museum Society back Sainsbury's plans for new store
A PLAN to move the site of Saffron Walden Museum s new resource centre is being backed by members of the Museum Society. The decision to support a land swap between the Heritage Quest Centre and a proposed Sainsbury s was made at a meeting on Friday. The
A PLAN to move the site of Saffron Walden Museum's new resource centre is being backed by members of the Museum Society.
The decision to support a land swap between the Heritage Quest Centre and a proposed Sainsbury's was made at a meeting on Friday.
The current site, owned by Uttlesford District Council (UDC), would be transferred to Sainsbury's if they get planning permission.
In return Sainsbury's would provide the new site, and will make a contribution to the extra costs involved in drawing up new plans. UDC has agreed to ring fence the proceeds that they would receive from the land swap and put them towards the building of the centre.
You may also want to watch:
UDC and the Museum Society would remain in charge of the project and planning permission for the centre on the new site is likely to be submitted before Christmas.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 6 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 7 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely