Saffron Walden Museum Society back Sainsbury's plans for new store
A PLAN to move the site of Saffron Walden Museum s new resource centre is being backed by members of the Museum Society. The decision to support a land swap between the Heritage Quest Centre and a proposed Sainsbury s was made at a meeting on Friday. The
A PLAN to move the site of Saffron Walden Museum's new resource centre is being backed by members of the Museum Society.
The decision to support a land swap between the Heritage Quest Centre and a proposed Sainsbury's was made at a meeting on Friday.
The current site, owned by Uttlesford District Council (UDC), would be transferred to Sainsbury's if they get planning permission.
In return Sainsbury's would provide the new site, and will make a contribution to the extra costs involved in drawing up new plans. UDC has agreed to ring fence the proceeds that they would receive from the land swap and put them towards the building of the centre.
You may also want to watch:
UDC and the Museum Society would remain in charge of the project and planning permission for the centre on the new site is likely to be submitted before Christmas.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections