Saffron Walden Ofsted inspector admits child sex offences
- Credit: Archant
A former Ofsted inspector from Saffron Walden has admitted child sex offences.
Adam Higgins, 48, of Maypole Close, appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court last week, charged with two counts of downloading indecent images and one of attempting or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
Higgins, who was released on bail, was found to have 89 moving images and one photograph.
Ofsted suspended Higgins when the police investigation was launched in September and began disciplinary proceedings, during which Higgins resigned.
Sir Michael Wilshaw, Ofsted’s chief inspector, said: “I share the sense of revulsion at the thought that an individual trusted with improving the education of young people has behaved in this way.
You may also want to watch:
“While the police have confirmed that there is no reason to believe any pupils at the schools he inspected were at risk during his inspection visits, we have liaised closely with the schools and local authority areas in which Mr Higgins worked and will continue to do so over any concerns they may have.
“While this is a deeply shocking case and a matter of profound regret, we believe we did everything we could to check his background. It serves as a reminder of the need for continual vigilance when it comes to safeguarding children.”
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
Higgins will be sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court on July 6.