Saffron Walden: Park for free throughout July whilst supporting high street businesses
A NUMBER of Saffron Walden’s independent shops have lined up a month of offers to celebrate Independent Retailer Month - and they’re calling on residents to rediscover the high street and show their support.
A number of participating businesses are offering shoppers money off their bill to cover the cost of parking in the town. If you spend £10 you will receive £1 off, £20 £2 off and £30 £3 off.
Jude Cox, of Jack’s Outdoor Wear on George Street, said: “An ongoing issue that customers to the town have is that of parking. We would like to ease this by offering customers money off their bill to effectively make their parking free.”
It is hoped this and other offers throughout July will encourage residents to shop locally, rather than doing their shopping online or at out-of-town centres.
July marks the UK’s third Independent Retailer Month, which aims to raise awareness of thousands of local businesses and increase footfall into town and village centres, helping retailers to stay open for business.
You may also want to watch:
Jude said: “It is a really important time for shops and business like us in the town, and we’re calling on shoppers to come along and see what we have to offer.
“While many people do shop online or at one-stop centres for convenience, there’s no substitute for great customer service and that sense of community that comes with shopping close to home, and we want to remind people of that.”
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
Saffron Walden Town Team is supporting the independents and will be distributing posters advertising the initaitve to participating businesses.
To find out more about events being held in July, go to @SaffShopLocal or independentretailermonth.co.uk/events