Saffron Walden performing arts quartet clinch Cambridge panto places
FOUR members of the Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts have successfully auditioned for the Cambridge Pantomime Dick Whittington at The Arts Theatre. Over 200 people auditioned for just 10 available places but Florence Russel, Daisy Quainton, Brittani
FOUR members of the Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts have successfully auditioned for the Cambridge Pantomime Dick Whittington at The Arts Theatre.
Over 200 people auditioned for just 10 available places but Florence Russel, Daisy Quainton, Brittanie Dillon and Lily Busher were selected.
Pure Rhythm principal, Sue Raven, said: "We are very proud of them. It is a wonderful experience for these students to work alongside professionals."
Last weekend 50 Pure Rhythm students were also lucky enough to have a Hairspray workshop with Charlotte Riby who is just finishing a run as the main character Tracy Turnblad in the West End production.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a fantastic opportunity for the students and for three hours they learnt a song and dance routine to put together from the actual west end show of Hairspray," said Mrs Raven.
"It was a very inspirational, enjoyable and challenging workshop and all the students want to know when the next one will be."
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
She added: "At Pure Rhythm we try to open as many doors as possible for the students to experience all different aspects of theatre, and this is the third west end workshop we have run now and they are proving very popular."
For further details of the next event and the Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts visit the website www.purerhythm.co.uk
Pictured, the four students who will be in the pantomime, from left, Florence Russel, Daisy Quainton, Brittanie Dillon and Lily Busher Picture: SUBMITTED