Saffron Walden performing arts quartet clinch Cambridge panto places
FOUR members of the Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts have successfully auditioned for the Cambridge Pantomime Dick Whittington at The Arts Theatre. Over 200 people auditioned for just 10 available places but Florence Russel, Daisy Quainton, Brittani
FOUR members of the Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts have successfully auditioned for the Cambridge Pantomime Dick Whittington at The Arts Theatre.
Over 200 people auditioned for just 10 available places but Florence Russel, Daisy Quainton, Brittanie Dillon and Lily Busher were selected.
Pure Rhythm principal, Sue Raven, said: "We are very proud of them. It is a wonderful experience for these students to work alongside professionals."
Last weekend 50 Pure Rhythm students were also lucky enough to have a Hairspray workshop with Charlotte Riby who is just finishing a run as the main character Tracy Turnblad in the West End production.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a fantastic opportunity for the students and for three hours they learnt a song and dance routine to put together from the actual west end show of Hairspray," said Mrs Raven.
"It was a very inspirational, enjoyable and challenging workshop and all the students want to know when the next one will be."
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
She added: "At Pure Rhythm we try to open as many doors as possible for the students to experience all different aspects of theatre, and this is the third west end workshop we have run now and they are proving very popular."
For further details of the next event and the Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts visit the website www.purerhythm.co.uk
Pictured, the four students who will be in the pantomime, from left, Florence Russel, Daisy Quainton, Brittanie Dillon and Lily Busher Picture: SUBMITTED