Saffron Walden performing arts quartet clinch Cambridge panto places
FOUR members of the Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts have successfully auditioned for the Cambridge Pantomime Dick Whittington at The Arts Theatre. Over 200 people auditioned for just 10 available places but Florence Russel, Daisy Quainton, Brittani
FOUR members of the Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts have successfully auditioned for the Cambridge Pantomime Dick Whittington at The Arts Theatre.
Over 200 people auditioned for just 10 available places but Florence Russel, Daisy Quainton, Brittanie Dillon and Lily Busher were selected.
Pure Rhythm principal, Sue Raven, said: "We are very proud of them. It is a wonderful experience for these students to work alongside professionals."
Last weekend 50 Pure Rhythm students were also lucky enough to have a Hairspray workshop with Charlotte Riby who is just finishing a run as the main character Tracy Turnblad in the West End production.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a fantastic opportunity for the students and for three hours they learnt a song and dance routine to put together from the actual west end show of Hairspray," said Mrs Raven.
"It was a very inspirational, enjoyable and challenging workshop and all the students want to know when the next one will be."
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
She added: "At Pure Rhythm we try to open as many doors as possible for the students to experience all different aspects of theatre, and this is the third west end workshop we have run now and they are proving very popular."
For further details of the next event and the Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts visit the website www.purerhythm.co.uk
Pictured, the four students who will be in the pantomime, from left, Florence Russel, Daisy Quainton, Brittanie Dillon and Lily Busher Picture: SUBMITTED