Walden photographers hope to snap up £100 in competition
- Credit: Supplied by Dominic Davey, Saffron Walden Camera Club Chair
A new photography competition which will celebrate Saffron Walden's landscape, environment and street scenes launched this week.
Photographers could win a £100 top prize in the competition, which is being organised by Saffron Walden Camera Club alongside town forum Saffron Walden Initiative.
Initiative chair Peter Riding said: "We are delighted to be working with the Camera Club on this creative community project which we hope will ease some of the stresses of the pandemic."
Organisers said they are looking out for picturesque, interesting or unusual photos taken in the parish to fit the theme 'Imaging Saffron Walden 2021'.
Prizes worth £50 and £25 respectively will be awarded to second and third placed photographers.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes worth £50, £30 and £25 will also be awarded to the top three entrants aged 18 and under.
Judges and organisers began accepting entries on April 12 online via email@example.com with a deadline set for October 17, 2021.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 3 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event