Saffron Walden pre-school judged top of the class
A PRE-SCHOOL in Saffron Walden has been graded as outstanding in all categories as assessed by the schools inspector Ofsted. St Mary s Church Pre-school on Castle Street was praised for the quality of its leadership as well as the development of their ch
A PRE-SCHOOL in Saffron Walden has been graded as outstanding in all categories as assessed by the schools' inspector Ofsted.
St Mary's Church Pre-school on Castle Street was praised for the quality of its leadership as well as the development of their children.
Trustee Judith Hasler said: "We are delighted that the work of St Mary's Church Pre-school has been recognised in this way.
"It highlights the strong relationship with parents, effective staff teamwork and the outstanding leadership of the manager, Faye Jeffs. It also recognises that the personal development of every individual child is at the heart of all the school does.
You may also want to watch:
"We have excellent links with St Mary's Primary School and are pleased to have the use of a second classroom from this term which allows us to increase the number of places and the number of sessions we can offer whitst keeping the groups small."
The report described the overall effectiveness of the pre-school as "outstanding", adding that the personal development of the children was "exemplary".
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
The report said: "The relationship with parents is very strong, the staff are an effective team and the leadership of the manager outstanding. This and good self evaluation, means the pre-school has good capacity to improve further and fully meets its aim to be happy, calm and constructive."
To read the report online visit www.ofsted.gov.uk/oxcare_reports/display/(id)/265705.
To contact the pre-school call the manager, Faye Jeffs, on 07817 736166.