Saffron Walden pre-school judged top of the class
A PRE-SCHOOL in Saffron Walden has been graded as outstanding in all categories as assessed by the schools inspector Ofsted. St Mary s Church Pre-school on Castle Street was praised for the quality of its leadership as well as the development of their ch
A PRE-SCHOOL in Saffron Walden has been graded as outstanding in all categories as assessed by the schools' inspector Ofsted.
St Mary's Church Pre-school on Castle Street was praised for the quality of its leadership as well as the development of their children.
Trustee Judith Hasler said: "We are delighted that the work of St Mary's Church Pre-school has been recognised in this way.
"It highlights the strong relationship with parents, effective staff teamwork and the outstanding leadership of the manager, Faye Jeffs. It also recognises that the personal development of every individual child is at the heart of all the school does.
You may also want to watch:
"We have excellent links with St Mary's Primary School and are pleased to have the use of a second classroom from this term which allows us to increase the number of places and the number of sessions we can offer whitst keeping the groups small."
The report described the overall effectiveness of the pre-school as "outstanding", adding that the personal development of the children was "exemplary".
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
The report said: "The relationship with parents is very strong, the staff are an effective team and the leadership of the manager outstanding. This and good self evaluation, means the pre-school has good capacity to improve further and fully meets its aim to be happy, calm and constructive."
To read the report online visit www.ofsted.gov.uk/oxcare_reports/display/(id)/265705.
To contact the pre-school call the manager, Faye Jeffs, on 07817 736166.