Saffron Walden pre-school judged top of the class
A PRE-SCHOOL in Saffron Walden has been graded as outstanding in all categories as assessed by the schools inspector Ofsted. St Mary s Church Pre-school on Castle Street was praised for the quality of its leadership as well as the development of their ch
A PRE-SCHOOL in Saffron Walden has been graded as outstanding in all categories as assessed by the schools' inspector Ofsted.
St Mary's Church Pre-school on Castle Street was praised for the quality of its leadership as well as the development of their children.
Trustee Judith Hasler said: "We are delighted that the work of St Mary's Church Pre-school has been recognised in this way.
"It highlights the strong relationship with parents, effective staff teamwork and the outstanding leadership of the manager, Faye Jeffs. It also recognises that the personal development of every individual child is at the heart of all the school does.
You may also want to watch:
"We have excellent links with St Mary's Primary School and are pleased to have the use of a second classroom from this term which allows us to increase the number of places and the number of sessions we can offer whitst keeping the groups small."
The report described the overall effectiveness of the pre-school as "outstanding", adding that the personal development of the children was "exemplary".
- 1 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 7 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 8 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 9 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 10 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
The report said: "The relationship with parents is very strong, the staff are an effective team and the leadership of the manager outstanding. This and good self evaluation, means the pre-school has good capacity to improve further and fully meets its aim to be happy, calm and constructive."
To read the report online visit www.ofsted.gov.uk/oxcare_reports/display/(id)/265705.
To contact the pre-school call the manager, Faye Jeffs, on 07817 736166.