Saffron Walden prepares for 2015 Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas and Mayor Heather Asker will arrive in a sleigh to turn on Saffron Walden’s Christmas lights later this month.
The event will take place on Sunday, November 29, and conclude the town’s Christmas Fayre, which runs from 10am to 5pm.
Market stalls will stretch from Market Place to King Street, before the lights are turned on at 4.15pm in the square.
As part of the fayre, live music will also be on offer with performances from nearby groups including The Hooligans, Elliot Porter and Hyperfusion.
Continuing the festive spirit, Saffron Walden will also hold a Christmas shopping day on December 4 from 9am to 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Shops will be open late, and more musical entertainment is also being planned for the day.
Stansted Mountfitchet will be holding its own Christmas market complete with a tree and 24 stalls. The event will run from 10am to 5pm on December 5 at Crafton Green on the top of Chapel Hill.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 3 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 4 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 5 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 6 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 7 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 10 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups