Saffron Walden pub ready for big opening night
A TOWN pub is being furiously readied for its re-launch and the new owner is dead set on “giving it back to local customers.”
Leanne Langman, 27, is leading the charge to get The Eight Bells in Saffron Walden ready for its big opening day on Monday (December 6) and cannot wait to open the doors.
The gastro pub has undergone a �60,000 refurbishment, inside and out, since the previous owners left in the summer.
And Miss Langman is keen to ensure that drinkers and diners will be attracted back in equal measure.
“Come in for just a drink or for some reasonably priced pub food,” she said. “We really want to put the message out there that everyone is welcome because we understand that the previous owners only served food and things were a bit stuffy.
“We think that is not the way to go and want to give the pub back to the town so we’ve given it a new lease of life and will be warm and welcoming.”
The food will still be of the same quality as before however, as the new owners have retained the services of the previous head chef. On Sunday’s there will be an opportunity for families to come along and carve their own whole chicken at the table.
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'
- 9 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 10 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
“I was inspired by eating with my family and my mum’s cooking,” said Miss Langman. “The whole family around the table actually enjoying food not just eating out of necessity – that is the atmosphere we want to bring.”
A host of beers and ales will be on offer and bar snacks will be served. You can even eat a game pie at the bar if you wish.
The Eight Bells, on Bridge Street, is set for its big launch on Monday and everyone is invited. A host of offers will be available throughout December and beyond.
Look out for steak nights, supper clubs, coffee mornings with free toast, and discounted introductory offers on food and drink.
Let us know what you think by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org