Saffron Walden pub stages beer festival
- Credit: Archant
BEER enthusiasts will be able to enjoy a range of 30 real ales from the UK and overseas during a 19-day beer festival at a Saffron Walden pub.
The overseas beers on offer at The Temeraire in High Street have been sourced from brewers in New Zealand, Greece, Russia, Canada, USA, Netherlands and Czech Republic.
They will complement the beers from across the UK being served in the pub during the festival.
The festival will run until Sunday April 21 inclusive, with all beers priced at £2.15 a pint.
It will feature new, seasonal and speciality beers, including a passion fruit beer, coffee and chocolate bean beer, wheat beer, blackberry porter, cask lager and a coffee porter.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, many of the beers are available in the pub for the first time, having been brewed exclusively for the festival.
Pub manager, Ryan Moore, said: “The festival will give people the opportunity to enjoy a superb selection of UK and international beers, many of which have not been served in the pub before.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex
“It is also the perfect way for real ale enthusiasts to support microbrewers, as we are featuring many of their beers.
“The festival promises to be great fun and I am certain that my customers will enjoy themselves.”
Tasting notes on all of the beers will be available in the pub.