Saffron Walden pub staging 19-day summer cider festival (July 10-28)
CIDER fans will be able to enjoy a range of draught ciders from England, Wales and Northern Ireland during a Saffron Walden pub’s cider festival.
The event will take place at The Temeraire in High Street from July 10 until July 28.
The pub will offer 16 draught ciders over the 19 days, including 13 never previously available in the pub and others produced exclusively for the festival.
The selection will include traditional ciders, flavoured fruit ciders and perries (pear flavoured cider).
Among those on offer are; Fiery Fox (Gwynt Y Ddraig), Shaky Bridge (Sandford Orchards), Rosie’s Pig (Westons), Tempted? Summer Sweet Irish Craft Cider (Tempted ? Irish Craft Cider), Scrummage (The Bottle Kicking Cider Company) and Field Farm Perry (Mr Whitehead’s Cider Company).
The ciders will be available at £2.29 a pint.
Pub manager Ryan Moore said: “Cider is the perfect summer drink and I am certain that people will enjoy our fantastic selection.”
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 8 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 9 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 10 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
Tasting notes on all of the ciders will be available at the pub.