Saffron Walden pub staging 19-day summer cider festival (July 10-28)
CIDER fans will be able to enjoy a range of draught ciders from England, Wales and Northern Ireland during a Saffron Walden pub’s cider festival.
The event will take place at The Temeraire in High Street from July 10 until July 28.
The pub will offer 16 draught ciders over the 19 days, including 13 never previously available in the pub and others produced exclusively for the festival.
The selection will include traditional ciders, flavoured fruit ciders and perries (pear flavoured cider).
Among those on offer are; Fiery Fox (Gwynt Y Ddraig), Shaky Bridge (Sandford Orchards), Rosie’s Pig (Westons), Tempted? Summer Sweet Irish Craft Cider (Tempted ? Irish Craft Cider), Scrummage (The Bottle Kicking Cider Company) and Field Farm Perry (Mr Whitehead’s Cider Company).
You may also want to watch:
The ciders will be available at £2.29 a pint.
Pub manager Ryan Moore said: “Cider is the perfect summer drink and I am certain that people will enjoy our fantastic selection.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
Tasting notes on all of the ciders will be available at the pub.