Saffron Walden pub staging 19-day summer cider festival (July 10-28)
CIDER fans will be able to enjoy a range of draught ciders from England, Wales and Northern Ireland during a Saffron Walden pub’s cider festival.
The event will take place at The Temeraire in High Street from July 10 until July 28.
The pub will offer 16 draught ciders over the 19 days, including 13 never previously available in the pub and others produced exclusively for the festival.
The selection will include traditional ciders, flavoured fruit ciders and perries (pear flavoured cider).
Among those on offer are; Fiery Fox (Gwynt Y Ddraig), Shaky Bridge (Sandford Orchards), Rosie’s Pig (Westons), Tempted? Summer Sweet Irish Craft Cider (Tempted ? Irish Craft Cider), Scrummage (The Bottle Kicking Cider Company) and Field Farm Perry (Mr Whitehead’s Cider Company).
You may also want to watch:
The ciders will be available at £2.29 a pint.
Pub manager Ryan Moore said: “Cider is the perfect summer drink and I am certain that people will enjoy our fantastic selection.”
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Medical practice moving this week, and former £1.4m base attracts offer
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
Tasting notes on all of the ciders will be available at the pub.