Saffron Walden: Public consultation for Ridgeons redevelopment plans
BUILDING supplies company Ridgeons, the owner of the Ashdon Road Commercial Centre, is holding a public consultation on proposals for the redevelopment of its site.
Last month, the Reporter exclusively revealed how the firm was looking to revamp its existing 13 hectares of land by building a new Ridgeons branch, small hotel, restaurant, commercial buildings and up to 170 new homes.
Tony Greavett, the firm’s property director, said: “We have a fantastic opportunity to invest further in Saffron Walden, and very much look forward to discussing the proposals with members of the local community at our consultation events.”
Emerging proposals are still being developed by Ridgeons but members of the public are being invited to attend a drop-in consultation event where the plans will be on display and members of the team available to answer questions.
The events will be held at Ridgeons on Thursday June 13 from 5-8pm and the St Mary’s Parish Rooms on Church Path, Saffron Walden, on Saturday June 15 from 10am-3pm.
You may also want to watch:
A consultation website will also be available from June 14, where the public can view the proposals and provide feedback online at RidgeonsSWConsultation.co.uk
It is expected that a final proposal will be submitted by the end of the year.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 Council to debate 'underperforming' planning service