Saffron Walden: Public consultation for Ridgeons redevelopment plans
BUILDING supplies company Ridgeons, the owner of the Ashdon Road Commercial Centre, is holding a public consultation on proposals for the redevelopment of its site.
Last month, the Reporter exclusively revealed how the firm was looking to revamp its existing 13 hectares of land by building a new Ridgeons branch, small hotel, restaurant, commercial buildings and up to 170 new homes.
Tony Greavett, the firm’s property director, said: “We have a fantastic opportunity to invest further in Saffron Walden, and very much look forward to discussing the proposals with members of the local community at our consultation events.”
Emerging proposals are still being developed by Ridgeons but members of the public are being invited to attend a drop-in consultation event where the plans will be on display and members of the team available to answer questions.
The events will be held at Ridgeons on Thursday June 13 from 5-8pm and the St Mary’s Parish Rooms on Church Path, Saffron Walden, on Saturday June 15 from 10am-3pm.
You may also want to watch:
A consultation website will also be available from June 14, where the public can view the proposals and provide feedback online at RidgeonsSWConsultation.co.uk
It is expected that a final proposal will be submitted by the end of the year.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive