Saffron Walden pupils put best foot foward for Sport Relief
CHILDREN at St Thomas More Primary School in Saffron Walden took a break from lessons to run a mile for Sport Relief on Friday. The youngsters completed laps of their school field and playground and raised plenty of cash for the charity which helps vulner
CHILDREN at St Thomas More Primary School in Saffron Walden took a break from lessons to run a mile for Sport Relief on Friday.
The youngsters completed laps of their school field and playground and raised plenty of cash for the charity which helps vulnerable people at home and abroad.
Headteacher Mary Jo Hall said: "It was a fantastic day and all the children did really well. Some collected sponsorship money and others just paid a set amount to take part.
"It was a whole school event with the youngest through to the eldest children joining in, and we even had about 50 parents come and have a go as well.
You may also want to watch:
"I would really like to thank the people from Runnerway in Saffron Walden who came in and held a practice session with the children and gave them some good advice about running."
The money raised will be donated to Sport Relief 2010 which has already raised a total of more than �30 million.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 9 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
Did you take part in Sport Relief? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org