Saffron Walden pupils put best foot foward for Sport Relief
CHILDREN at St Thomas More Primary School in Saffron Walden took a break from lessons to run a mile for Sport Relief on Friday. The youngsters completed laps of their school field and playground and raised plenty of cash for the charity which helps vulner
CHILDREN at St Thomas More Primary School in Saffron Walden took a break from lessons to run a mile for Sport Relief on Friday.
The youngsters completed laps of their school field and playground and raised plenty of cash for the charity which helps vulnerable people at home and abroad.
Headteacher Mary Jo Hall said: "It was a fantastic day and all the children did really well. Some collected sponsorship money and others just paid a set amount to take part.
"It was a whole school event with the youngest through to the eldest children joining in, and we even had about 50 parents come and have a go as well.
You may also want to watch:
"I would really like to thank the people from Runnerway in Saffron Walden who came in and held a practice session with the children and gave them some good advice about running."
The money raised will be donated to Sport Relief 2010 which has already raised a total of more than �30 million.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
Did you take part in Sport Relief? Send your pictures to email@example.com