Saffron Walden pupils put best foot foward for Sport Relief
CHILDREN at St Thomas More Primary School in Saffron Walden took a break from lessons to run a mile for Sport Relief on Friday. The youngsters completed laps of their school field and playground and raised plenty of cash for the charity which helps vulner
CHILDREN at St Thomas More Primary School in Saffron Walden took a break from lessons to run a mile for Sport Relief on Friday.
The youngsters completed laps of their school field and playground and raised plenty of cash for the charity which helps vulnerable people at home and abroad.
Headteacher Mary Jo Hall said: "It was a fantastic day and all the children did really well. Some collected sponsorship money and others just paid a set amount to take part.
"It was a whole school event with the youngest through to the eldest children joining in, and we even had about 50 parents come and have a go as well.
You may also want to watch:
"I would really like to thank the people from Runnerway in Saffron Walden who came in and held a practice session with the children and gave them some good advice about running."
The money raised will be donated to Sport Relief 2010 which has already raised a total of more than �30 million.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 8 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 9 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
Did you take part in Sport Relief? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org