Saffron Walden pupils put best foot foward for Sport Relief
CHILDREN at St Thomas More Primary School in Saffron Walden took a break from lessons to run a mile for Sport Relief on Friday. The youngsters completed laps of their school field and playground and raised plenty of cash for the charity which helps vulner
CHILDREN at St Thomas More Primary School in Saffron Walden took a break from lessons to run a mile for Sport Relief on Friday.
The youngsters completed laps of their school field and playground and raised plenty of cash for the charity which helps vulnerable people at home and abroad.
Headteacher Mary Jo Hall said: "It was a fantastic day and all the children did really well. Some collected sponsorship money and others just paid a set amount to take part.
"It was a whole school event with the youngest through to the eldest children joining in, and we even had about 50 parents come and have a go as well.
"I would really like to thank the people from Runnerway in Saffron Walden who came in and held a practice session with the children and gave them some good advice about running."
The money raised will be donated to Sport Relief 2010 which has already raised a total of more than �30 million.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 5 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 7 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 8 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 9 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 10 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
Did you take part in Sport Relief? Send your pictures to email@example.com