Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- Credit: Archant
It's been quite a year. Significant changes brought about by the Covid pandemic have given people time to step back and think about all sorts of things.
Now, with lockdown easing, and life tentatively starting to ease back to normal, it's a chance for businesses to really look at what they're doing, analyse why they do things in certain ways, and to set some goals going forward.
And your paper is no different.
The last time we ran a survey like this was four years ago. In that time, a lot has changed.
You may also want to watch:
The newspaper industry itself has gone through great changes too.
We want to hear from you about what you like, and what you think we could differently, with our website and our paper. Our office produces both the Saffron Walden Reporter and the Dunmow Broadcast.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
More readers are accessing us online through our websites, but we remain immensely proud of our printed newspapers, which are an important part of our future.
In my view, trusted journalism and relevant community content are still very important. We've been here for you through lockdown, and it's been great to shine a light on the good work going on across our district, to raise the profile of our independent businesses, and focus on the community spirit that has made such a difference to so many lives.
I think we achieve those things – but do you agree? If not, what could we do better?
It will also come as no surprise that these are testing times for our industry. The money we make from digital page views is a fraction of that from paper sales. Advertising revenues have also been hit. So we want to provide the best possible newspaper and website - with content you really value and want to read on a regular basis.
So share your thoughts with us. Your opinion matters. We'd very much like to hear your feedback. Please take part in our survey called Your Paper, Your Voice at https://archant.wufoo.com/forms/your-opinion-matters-herts
And to give you a short recap, here's a look at some of our front pages over the past year: