This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 22, 2021
- Credit: Archant
In documents submitted to the High Court, Uttlesford District Council has accused the Planning Inspectorate of adopting a "blinkered" approach to national climate change policy when gave Stansted Airport the green-light for expansion.
In Sport: Meet Tom Wild, Saffron Walden Gold Club's latest star heading to Turkey to compete in the £25,000 National Pro-Am Championship final.
Also: Get set for the Duxford Summer Air Show on Saturday. The air show this year features new aircraft, including the P47-D Thunderbolt, TF-51D Mustang and Grumman Wildcat.
Spot yourself in our Big Day Out roundup on page 2.
Meet the animals in this month's Pet Corner on page 6.
You may also want to watch:
Got a story? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 3 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 4 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 5 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 6 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 7 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 10 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages