Saffron Walden resident abandons celebrity journalism to start new wine school
A JOURNALIST is giving up interviewing celebrities to start a wine school.
Mark Anstead, a freelance journalist from Saffron Walden, is launching Cambridgeshire Wine School next month offering introductory evening tastings, all-day Saturday tastings (including champagne and lunch), eight-week courses and food and wine matching events.
Over the last 10 years Mark has been interviewing luminaries such as Joanna Lumley, Lionel Richie, Vinnie Jones and Patrick Stewart and has seen his interviews published weekly in newspapers such as the Daily Mail, the Sunday Telegraph and The Sunday Times.
But now he is focusing all his attention on the Cambridgeshire Wine School - an independent wine education company that does not sell wine.
“I’m passionate about wine and I saw a gap in the market to run a wine tasting company in Cambridgeshire,” says Mark.
You may also want to watch:
“After 10 years of conducting interviews for national newspapers I think the public are finally becoming jaded with celebrity. A renewed interest in entertaining at home is booming, partly because of the recession, and sales of wine to be consumed at home are rising.”
Cambridgeshire Wine School is the ninth to be launched within the successful Local Wine School network, which has schools in West London, East London, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle, Lancashire, Hertfordshire and Yorkshire.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
Cambridgeshire Wine School tastings will be held at d’Arry’s Cookhouse and Wine Shop, King Street, Cambridge.
The first introductory evening course takes place on April 18.
For more information visit cambridgeshirewineschool.com , email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mark Anstead on 01223 655391.