Praise for NHS and frontline healthcare workers from people in the Saffron Walden district
- Credit: Maria Gabellone
Reader comments and photos have kindly been sent to us during the clap for the NHS and carers. Here we feature a few more.
Reader comments and photos have kindly been sent to us during the clap for the NHS and carers. Here we feature two more.
Richard Ansell got in touch to praise the work being done by NHS staff especially Addenbrooke’s oncology department, and to share what his estate in Saffron Walden does to mark the Thursday 8pm support clap.
“About a month before lockdown I was unfortunately diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus- two very small tumors. I started with my chemotherapy just as lockdown began.
“The nurses at Addenbrooke’s deserve a medal.
“They are all working extremely hard and go above and beyond the normal duties. They seem to me all have young families or are living at home. They deserve their huge clap on Thursday at 8pm.
“My wife and I certainly join in - it is an amazing experience.
- 1 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 2 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 7 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 8 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 How to get tickets for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022
“It’s very moving to hear everyone clapping, cheering, car horns going off, even fireworks and ambulance sirens.
“Please spare a thought for all key workers as they are putting their selves at risk. My big thanks goes to you all, stay safe.”
Maria Gabellone sent us this picture of Luigi Gabellone, six, giving his heartfelt thanks in his costume.
Luigi attends St Thomas More School in Saffron Walden.
It’s always great to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org