Saffron Walden residents urged to think about shed and garage security
- Credit: Archant
Police officers in Saffron Walden are reminding homeowners to secure their sheds and garages and report any suspicious activity to police.
A shed was broken into in Langley Lower Green between February 15 and March 10 when the owner found that his lawnmower, a ATCO Rotary 18SE, which is green with black bag and silver engine compartment and a Macallister petrol strimmer, silver with a black/blue engine compartment, had been stolen.
Anyone with any information about these items or the burglary is asked to contact Pc Red Leeson at Saffron Walden Police Station on 101.
Crime prevention advice from police regarding sheds:
• Sheds typically contain tools, bikes and gardening equipment which are not just valuable but which could prove useful to a burglar, so secure the door with padbolts and close-shackle padlocks or a padlock alarm.
You may also want to watch:
• Hinges should be fitted using coach bolts and large backing washers.
• You could also think about installing a shed alarm and a lockable chest for chemicals and valuable equipment.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 9 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir