Saffron Walden restaurant hosts Pink Party in aid of Breast Cancer Research
A SAFFRON Walden restaurant is holding its eighth Ladies Pink Party in aid of Breast Cancer Research.
Dish, in King Street, is hosting the ‘girl’s only party’ on Thursday May 31 – and all guests are encouraged to wear pink.
Emma Langmaid of Dish said: “Anyone who has been before knows what a great event it is for the social calendar, a good old girly gossip followed by some ‘women only’ entertainment.
“Tiffany, our resident drag queen is returning to Saffron Walden to ‘shock and offend’ the lovely ladies of the town – be warned, this is not for the faint hearted.”
The evening kicks off at 7.30pm with pink bubbly on arrival, and goody bags with products and Vouchers from shops around the town.
You may also want to watch:
It is followed by a three course ‘pink themed’ meal – followed by the entertainment.
“We hold the party because one of our customers inspired us – a young lady did a speech at her husband’s 40th birthday, explaining how amazing he had been during her fight for life. You would never have known she was suffering and her courage inspired all who worked that night and reduced us to tears,” says Emma.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
“A few of our other regular customers and staff are suffering or have suffered, and everyone can relate to this worthy cause.
“This will also be our last Pink Party so do make sure we make it the best – I’m just getting too old to wear that pink outfit every year!”
Tickets are �28.50 per head with �5 of the price going to Breast Cancer Research. There will be an auction and raffle. Call 01799 513300 to book a place.