Saffron Walden Round Tablers going that extra mile with Virgin London Marathon run
- Credit: Archant
FOUR members of Saffron Walden Round Table will be going that extra mile to “make a difference” by participating in the London Marathon later this month.
James Cleaver, Jason Thomson, Dean Head and Ian Mercer have been training to get themselves into condition for the event on April 21.
The guys will be running for SPARKS, a children’s medical research charity. Jason said: “Sparks fund research into a number of conditions affecting babies, children and mums-to-be such as childhood cancers, cerebral palsy and Spina bifida as examples.
“Many of us are fathers and uncles and we understand just how devastating it can be to have an ill child in the family, so this makes this even more realistic for us and the pioneering work that Sparks are doing.”
Ian added: “For those who know us locally, we are normally supporting the local drinking facilities in town so this is a total cultural shock to our systems and a tough personal challenge.”
You may also want to watch:
You can find out more about SPARKS on the website at sparks.org.uk.
To support the runners and the charity visit justgiving.com/TeamSwrt or text SWRT99 followed by the amount you are donating to 70070.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
• ARE you running in the Virgin London Marathon this year? Let us know about it. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01799 513000.