Saffron Walden Rugby Club player dies during match at St Neots
TRIBUTES have been paid to a Saffron Walden Rugby Club member who died while playing for the third XV on Saturday. Father of two David Sharp is believed to have suffered a heart attack during the team s league clash away at St Neots. An ambulance was call
TRIBUTES have been paid to a Saffron Walden Rugby Club member who died while playing for the third XV on Saturday.
Father of two David Sharp is believed to have suffered a heart attack during the team's league clash away at St Neots. An ambulance was called at around 3.40pm after the 42-year-old collapsed, but he died at the scene.
A statement on the club's website read: "It is with great sadness that Saffron Walden RFC announces the sudden death of our friend and teammate David Sharp.
"'Sharpy' as he was known by all, only joined the club in September 2008 but made an immediate impact with his hostile and forceful runs from the back row.
You may also want to watch:
"He became a big hit with the whole team and played a major part in the third XV fun loving culture and playing success. He will be deeply missed by us all.
"He leaves behind a wife Alison and two young daughters Rachel and Katie. Our thoughts are with them at this very sad time.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine