Saffron Walden Rugby Club player dies during match at St Neots
TRIBUTES have been paid to a Saffron Walden Rugby Club member who died while playing for the third XV on Saturday. Father of two David Sharp is believed to have suffered a heart attack during the team s league clash away at St Neots. An ambulance was call
TRIBUTES have been paid to a Saffron Walden Rugby Club member who died while playing for the third XV on Saturday.
Father of two David Sharp is believed to have suffered a heart attack during the team's league clash away at St Neots. An ambulance was called at around 3.40pm after the 42-year-old collapsed, but he died at the scene.
A statement on the club's website read: "It is with great sadness that Saffron Walden RFC announces the sudden death of our friend and teammate David Sharp.
"'Sharpy' as he was known by all, only joined the club in September 2008 but made an immediate impact with his hostile and forceful runs from the back row.
You may also want to watch:
"He became a big hit with the whole team and played a major part in the third XV fun loving culture and playing success. He will be deeply missed by us all.
"He leaves behind a wife Alison and two young daughters Rachel and Katie. Our thoughts are with them at this very sad time.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 9 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending