Saffron Walden’s Jubilee Gardens celebrate Queen’s birthday in style
- Credit: Archant
Jubilee Gardens in Saffron Walden was filled by hundreds of people on Saturday to mark the Queen’s 90th birthday.
The bandstand was alive with music for much of the afternoon, with performances from Saffron Music School, Pure Sax, the Nightingale Trio, and the Saffron Walden Choral Society.
In a special ceremony, commemorative medals and a biography of the Queen were given to 20 people who turn 90 this year.
There was also a tea party with sandwiches, cream teas and homemade cakes in the Garden Room (Saffron Walden Day Centre).
Displays of old photographs and articles from Saffron Walden at the time of the Queen’s birth in 1926 and her coronation in 1953 were also on show.
You may also want to watch:
The event was supported by Uttlesford District Council, Saffron Walden Town Council, Mullucks Wells, Volunteer Uttlesford, The Diamonds, Saffron Walden Museum, and Saffron Walden Town Library.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost