Saffron Walden’s many groups and societies to meet in town hall for showcase
A SHOWCASE of Saffron Walden’s many societies and clubs is being held on Saturday.
This year the popular Societies Showcase, organised by Saffron Walden Initiative, will be held in the Town Hall on May 21 from 10am to 3pm, giving everyone a chance to find out about the many societies and clubs that help make Saffron Walden such a vibrant town.
A number of new societies have been attracted for the first time, including the Saffron Walden (SW) Camera Club, the Town Band, Music Hall Society, the branch of the National Association of Decorative and Fine Arts Societies, the Lines Bridge Club, the Flower Club and the Fry Art Gallery.
Dominic Davey of Saffron Walden Camera Club said: “In coming to Showcase for the first time we are looking to show that photography is for everyone, not just experts, and so to increase our local membership.”
Other clubs that will be attending include the Museum Society, who once again will be running competitions (with prizes), Saffron Lacemakers, the Historical Society, Footpath Association, Workers Education Association, U3A and the Essex Society for Family History.
You may also want to watch:
Sports enthusiasts will find Saffron Striders, Newport Badminton Club and the Castle Hill Tennis Club.
Friends of Bridge End Garden are returning, after their success in attracting over 20 volunteers and 11 new members at the last Showcase.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 10 Dramatic pictures show extent of three north-west Essex farm fires
In support of the event, there will be demonstrations of Tai Chi by the local group Art of Tai Ji Quan in the Market Square during the day.