Saffron Walden school treats Gabriel Court residents to Christmas carols
- Credit: Joel Chant
Children from St Thomas More Primary School treated the residents of Gabriel Court to a Christmas celebration this week as they sang them a selection of their favourite Christmas carols.
The Year 6 pupils, accompanied by their teachers, were in full voice as they performed in the homeowners lounge for the over 60s who live at the McCarthy & Stone development.
Headteacher at St Thomas More, Mary Jo Hall, said: “We were delighted to be able to take the children over to Gabriel Court and spread a little festive cheer. The children really love singing – especially at Christmas – and we hope the residents enjoyed the performance.”
Julie Ward, regional sales and marketing director for McCarthy & Stone said: “One of the most important aspects of life at a McCarthy & Stone development is a sense of community. It is wonderful that children from the wider community have come into Gabriel Court and treated us to a delightful concert.
“The residents were so impressed and it’s great to see the different generations coming together to celebrate at this special time of year.”
You may also want to watch:
McCarthy & Stone’s Gabriel Court is a development of one and two-bedroom Retirement Living apartments exclusively for the over 60s. Prices start from £249,950.
For details call 01799 513328 or visit mccarthyandstone.co.uk.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal