Saffron Walden shop provide punk-related items for TOWIE
- Credit: Archant
A Saffron Walden party shop has supplied items that will be used in tonight’s episode (April 13) of the hit reality tv series The Only Way is Essex.
The Party Box, in George Street, were asked by the programme’s makers - Lime Pictures - to provide some punk-themed items for a party on the show, which will air at 10pm on ITVBe.
Shop owner Martine South, who bought the business in 2013, said: “At first I thought it wasn’t for real, but after looking into it, I realised it was genuine.
“They wanted some punk wigs and chains, coloured hair spray and things like that. I think they are having some sort of punk-themed party on the show.
“They wanted it there on Saturday for filming, and I’m still trying to work out how they found out about us here in Saffron Walden.
You may also want to watch:
“But it’s great for us and I will be watching tonight to see my products.”
TOWIE, which began in 2010, regularly pulled in more than 1.5 million viewers in its first three years, and the current series count stands at 17.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 7 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month