Saffron Walden spin-athon raises £2,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A gruelling six-hour spin-athon helped raised just under £2,000 for charity.
A gruelling six-hour spinathon helped raised just under £2,000 for charity.
Over 40 people took part in the event, at the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden, on Saturday (December 14).
Health and fitness manager Dan Booker and spinning instructor Mike Ratcliffe organised the spin-athon and the money raised will be going to Cancer Research UK and Lupus.
Beckie Reynolds, deputy contract manager at the fitness centre, said: “As it’s a charity close to our hearts we were extremely keen to really make a difference.
“The amount of interest was fantastic and it was great to see the spinners have a really fun day fund-raising.
“It was also lovely to see the strong sense of community spirit throughout the day and the support that everyone was showing each other.”
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 3 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 6 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 9 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 10 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
For information about Lord Butler Leisure Centre, visit harpersfitness.co.uk