Saffron Walden spin-athon raises £2,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A gruelling six-hour spin-athon helped raised just under £2,000 for charity.
A gruelling six-hour spinathon helped raised just under £2,000 for charity.
Over 40 people took part in the event, at the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden, on Saturday (December 14).
Health and fitness manager Dan Booker and spinning instructor Mike Ratcliffe organised the spin-athon and the money raised will be going to Cancer Research UK and Lupus.
Beckie Reynolds, deputy contract manager at the fitness centre, said: “As it’s a charity close to our hearts we were extremely keen to really make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“The amount of interest was fantastic and it was great to see the spinners have a really fun day fund-raising.
“It was also lovely to see the strong sense of community spirit throughout the day and the support that everyone was showing each other.”
- 1 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
For information about Lord Butler Leisure Centre, visit harpersfitness.co.uk