Saffron Walden spin-athon raises £2,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A gruelling six-hour spin-athon helped raised just under £2,000 for charity.
A gruelling six-hour spinathon helped raised just under £2,000 for charity.
Over 40 people took part in the event, at the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden, on Saturday (December 14).
Health and fitness manager Dan Booker and spinning instructor Mike Ratcliffe organised the spin-athon and the money raised will be going to Cancer Research UK and Lupus.
Beckie Reynolds, deputy contract manager at the fitness centre, said: “As it’s a charity close to our hearts we were extremely keen to really make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“The amount of interest was fantastic and it was great to see the spinners have a really fun day fund-raising.
“It was also lovely to see the strong sense of community spirit throughout the day and the support that everyone was showing each other.”
- 1 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 4 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 10 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
For information about Lord Butler Leisure Centre, visit harpersfitness.co.uk