Saffron Walden St John Ambulance provide largest contingent of first aiders at V Festival
- Credit: Archant
SAFFRON Walden’s St John Ambulance turned out in force last week to provide emergency medical cover for the V Festival at Hylands Park.
The unit provided the largest contingent of first aiders, assisting with frontline treatment and helping out with transport to hospital.
Over the two days of the festival St John provided 18 trained first aiders, many of them young people.
Youth leader Sonal Shah said: “V Festival is always a lot of fun but it’s also our busiest event, leaving us little time to enjoy the music despite being right next to the stage.”
Saffron Walden’s group also simultaneously covered the town’s Maze Festival held on the common, providing five trained first aiders locally to provide aid to all who attended.
You may also want to watch:
St John Ambulance provides training to anyone who is interested or concerned they might need to administer first aid.
Anyone can learn five basic techniques and receive a pocket-sized first aid guide at free first aid demonstrations being held in the library on September 7 and 21, from 10am–4pm.
- 1 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 2 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 6 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 7 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 8 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 9 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 10 "We take abuse seriously," says Saffron Walden Town FC