Saffron Walden St John Ambulance provide largest contingent of first aiders at V Festival
- Credit: Archant
SAFFRON Walden’s St John Ambulance turned out in force last week to provide emergency medical cover for the V Festival at Hylands Park.
The unit provided the largest contingent of first aiders, assisting with frontline treatment and helping out with transport to hospital.
Over the two days of the festival St John provided 18 trained first aiders, many of them young people.
Youth leader Sonal Shah said: “V Festival is always a lot of fun but it’s also our busiest event, leaving us little time to enjoy the music despite being right next to the stage.”
Saffron Walden’s group also simultaneously covered the town’s Maze Festival held on the common, providing five trained first aiders locally to provide aid to all who attended.
You may also want to watch:
St John Ambulance provides training to anyone who is interested or concerned they might need to administer first aid.
Anyone can learn five basic techniques and receive a pocket-sized first aid guide at free first aid demonstrations being held in the library on September 7 and 21, from 10am–4pm.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September