Saffron Walden St Mary's gets a new curate
ST MARY S Parish Church, Saffron Walden, has a new curate. The Revd Anne Howson took up her post earlier this month when she was ordained at Chelmsford Cathedral. She said: I am delighted to be the new curate at St Mary s and look forward to meeting many
ST MARY'S Parish Church, Saffron Walden, has a new curate.
The Revd Anne Howson took up her post earlier this month when she was ordained at Chelmsford Cathedral.
She said: "I am delighted to be the new curate at St Mary's and look forward to meeting many of you in the coming months. I have found Saffron Walden to be a very friendly town so when you see me in the street, please do stop to say 'hello'.
"When it was first suggested that I should consider a post in Saffron Walden, I must confess that I recognised the name only as a road sign on the M11. However, on our first visit, my husband and I were completely captivated by this very attractive town and its palpable sense of history."
You may also want to watch:
Revd Howson spent two years training at Westcott House Theological College in Cambridge. Before that she and her husband Eddie lived in Romford where she taught English Literature to sixth form students. They have two adult children, have been married for 35 years and are keen walkers.
Revd Howson joins the clergy of the Saffron Walden Team Ministry led by the Rector Revd David Tomlinson. If you would like to speak to any member of the team contact the rectory 01799 500947 or the parish office 01799 506024.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex