Saffron Walden students successfully audition for Cambridge panto
CHRISTMAS came early for six students who attend a Saffron Walden dance School.
Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts sent Zo� Foulds, Ruby Adam, Emily Purkiss, Jasmine Cairns, Gracie Adam and Frayr Bridgeman to audition for Cambridge Pantomime’s production of Cinderella.
Competition was tough with 200 girls going for only 20 places - but the six local girls were selected to be in the show.
Principle Sue Raven said: “They were thrilled to be chosen after two days of workshops and auditions to be part of the pantomime babes.”
The girls took part in the opening night of the show on December 8 where they joined former lead singer of The Three Degrees Sheila Ferguson as well as West End sensation Katie Rowley-Jones (Wicked, Sister Act), Lewis Bradley (Any Dream Will Do) and Rolan Bell (The Lion King) as Dandini.
You may also want to watch:
This was the fifth year that Pure Rhythm has had girls in the Cambridge pantomime, and Mrs Raven said her dancers love being on the big stage.
“The students love being part of a professional show and it makes their Christmas a very special time. These students will have great experience,” she said.
- 1 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 2 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 3 Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- 4 Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- 5 Residents and business owners celebrate April 12 reopenings
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Homes plan could join Saffron Walden and Sewards End
- 10 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
“This year will be the first time we have had sisters in it.”
Meanwhile, Molly Mckernan, 16, a student who trained at Pure Rhythm for many years, has been accepted at the famous Tring Park School for performing Arts. Molly will be embarking on a three-year course at the school having successfully auditioned for a place amongst hundreds of students.
• Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts is putting on The Wiz on March 30-31 at Dame Bradbury’s School in Saffron Walden where all the students will be part of the musical.
And, The theatre company is also putting on Loves Labours Lost in February.
For further information contact Mrs Raven at email@example.com