SAFFRON WALDEN: Team LPA ride from London to Brighton for the British Heart Foundation
A KEEN spirited group of work colleagues will be setting out on a 54-mile bike ride this weekend to raise money for charity.
LPA Niphan, a Saffron Walden based company which designs, manufactures and distributes power and cable management systems and accessories, is entering a team into the 2010 London to Brighton Bike Ride, organised by and in order to raise money for the British Heart Foundation (BHF).
On Sunday there will be 27,000 entrants cycling a route which includes three major hills, the last being the renowned climb up the South Downs to Ditchling Beacon, the final challenge before finally reaching Brighton.
LPA director and general manager, Greg Howell, said: “The response from the staff has been excellent with 10 ‘volunteers’ from our 57 employees. The team comprises varying ages and abilities and a number of the employees have had to buy bikes just to be able to participate in the event.
“They have persuaded a further six spouses and friends to join our team and further increase the sponsorship that we can raise for this excellent cause.”
You may also want to watch:
The team will be departing from LPA’s factory in Debden Road at 4.30am in order to start from Clapham Common in London, at 7am. The finish line is on the Brighton’s promenade.
“The course remains open until dusk so that should give us all plenty of time to complete the ride,” said Mr Howell. “The team is has been training hard during their evenings and weekends in the country lanes of East Anglia in order to build up leg muscles and to harden up posteriors.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 8 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 9 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
“Moreover, all the members will be giving up Father’s Day and their Sunday in order to raise money for BHF.
“All the sponsorship that the team generates, both corporate and individual, will go to the excellent charity, whose work must have benefited directly or indirectly most people in the country.”
There are a number of ways in which you can pledge your donations:
• LPA’s website donation page, set up by the BHF: http://original.justgiving.com/lpaniphan
• Call Debbie Currie on 01799 512812 or e-mail email@example.com
The British Heart Foundation is the nation’s heart charity. Every day they save lives through pioneering research, providing vital information to help people reduce their own heart health risks, campaigning for change and supporting and caring for heart patients.