Saffron Walden: The Prince’s Trust needs you!
A YOUTH charity is appealing for school leavers in and around Saffron Walden to take part in a new course to be run this summer.
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a new, free scheme run by The Prince’s Trust for year 11 school leavers to learn new skills, challenge themselves and make a positive impact in their community during the summer holidays.
Young people will design a project to benefit their local area as well as going on a five-day team-building trip, taking part in activities such as kayaking and rock-climbing.
The trust’s regional director for the East of England Graham Ball said: “All too often young people are viewed negatively by society, as ‘no-hopers’ or ‘layabouts’. National Citizen Service will give Saffron Walden’s young people the chance to prove that they can and do make a positive impact in their community.”
“NCS will also give young people the chance to make new friends, build their confidence and gain new skills for future employment or further education.”
You may also want to watch:
The trust is also appealing for volunteers to help run the scheme in Saffron Walden. Volunteers will help the young people to achieve success, giving them support and encouragement during the course.
For more information visit princes-trust.org.uk/ncs or call the East of England regional office on 01438 730520.
- 1 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 2 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 3 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 4 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 7 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 8 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
The trust is hosting an information evening for parents and young people to find out more. The event takes place in the Croft Youth Centre in Fairycroft Road from 5pm.