Saffron Walden: The Prince’s Trust needs you!
A YOUTH charity is appealing for school leavers in and around Saffron Walden to take part in a new course to be run this summer.
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a new, free scheme run by The Prince’s Trust for year 11 school leavers to learn new skills, challenge themselves and make a positive impact in their community during the summer holidays.
Young people will design a project to benefit their local area as well as going on a five-day team-building trip, taking part in activities such as kayaking and rock-climbing.
The trust’s regional director for the East of England Graham Ball said: “All too often young people are viewed negatively by society, as ‘no-hopers’ or ‘layabouts’. National Citizen Service will give Saffron Walden’s young people the chance to prove that they can and do make a positive impact in their community.”
“NCS will also give young people the chance to make new friends, build their confidence and gain new skills for future employment or further education.”
You may also want to watch:
The trust is also appealing for volunteers to help run the scheme in Saffron Walden. Volunteers will help the young people to achieve success, giving them support and encouragement during the course.
For more information visit princes-trust.org.uk/ncs or call the East of England regional office on 01438 730520.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 8 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
The trust is hosting an information evening for parents and young people to find out more. The event takes place in the Croft Youth Centre in Fairycroft Road from 5pm.