Saffron Walden theatre company to take national tour
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden based theatre company HyperFusion are set to go on a national tour of junior and secondary schools later this year with their new show - Boy.
The production was originally planned for schools in Essex and Hertfordshire, but dates in London have already been added with further performances in Birmingham, Manchester, and Liverpool expected.
The show, produced in collaboration with charity Inclusion For All, will highlight the issue of bullying within schools and explore topics such as identity and prejudice.
Sarah Ellis, artistic director, said: “The piece will be written from some of the horrendous stories we have collected over the last 10 years of working in schools, and serve to give a voice to those young people who have suffered bullying.
“We have been blown away by the response and are very excited about going national with our work.”
The tour begins on November 16 with a launch at Alfred Salter School in London and any schools interested in the performance should contact Sarah Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The company have also announced they will be working with football campaign - Show Racism the Red Card - to create a theatre experience for trainee teachers about homophobia across the country in the next academic year.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 7 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 8 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
For more information about HyperFusion, visit www.hyperfusion.co.uk.